Whole tree up to date before committing

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Oct 22 22:27:48 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:11:37PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Nicholas Allen, and lo! it spake thus:

> >> Wouldn't it make sense for those developers to work in their own
> >> branches and only merge that to trunk when their branch is
> >> considered complete?
> >
> > No. Most of the commits are not large features, but small bug
> > fixes and additions.
>
> This is not a problem if you do each bug fix and addition in a
> separate branch of its own.

I'm on Óscar's side here.  We commit directly on trunk _all_ _the_
_time_, because most of our changes are small stuff that happens in
one commit.  Doing those in a separate branch and merging is totally
pointless overhead, and a policy demanding that would be a great way
to get myself lynched.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net