Whole tree up to date before committing

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Oct 22 17:23:36 BST 2009

John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> I don't see this as an advantage, quite the contrary. On mildly active
>> projects one could find himself doing a merge after another, without a
>> chance for committing.[snip]
>
> This is why you work in branches,

We are discussing the centralized model here. Which is more popular
than it seems: given enough developers, distributed models are
indistinguishable from centralized models (wrt the topic we are
discussing.)

For the rest of your message, I'm afraid you confirmed my concerns. I
was hoping to receive a reply of the type "this issue can be solved
using technique X and so you can go back to home while dinner is still
warm." Now I know to which projects *not* recommend bzr (which
nevertheless is my favourite vcs, being the lack of externals the only
serious gripe I found so far coming from svn).

[snip]

--
Óscar