[ANN] QBzr-Eclipse 0.9 released

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Thu Oct 22 13:54:45 BST 2009

Nick,

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 15:46 +0200, Nicholas Allen wrote:
[ . . . ]

> So I moved to a site where I have been granted write access and can
> update as soon as I release.

I can live with this :-)

I have edited my QBzrEclipse entry to point to the new URL and it worked
fine.

I think I may have a few bugs to report though, where is the right place
for them?

> > Is there still an assumption that only one of BzrEclipse and QBzrEclipse
> > are installed?
> There is no assumption about this. I have never tried installing both
> alongside each other but don't imagine there should be any big problems
> in doing so. I would recommend against doing it though as both plugins
> will try to rename files when refactoring in Eclipse. But this shouldn't
> cause any harm - I expect you will just see error messages from one or
> the other that it couldn't move a file etc.

I have had both installed from the outset as BzrEclipse works on the
team menu and QBzrEclipse creates its own.  Also BzrEclipse annotates
the file entries in the package explorer whereas QBzrEclipse doesn't.

I **really** like that QBzrEclipse uses exactly the same menus as Bazaar
Explorer now :-)

As long as a refresh is done after any Bazaar operation, I haven't seen
a problem.

Of course until recently, I have rarely used Eclipse.  However with me
finding PyDev the best tool for my Python courses, and the new Groovy
plugin working well, I am finding I am using Eclipse more and more.
Which of course means more bug reports ;-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder