Bazaar Survival Guide updates (darcs, hg)

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Wed Oct 21 10:25:11 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 4:36 AM, Ian Clatworthy
<ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> wrote:
> A few days ago, I asked a few community members privately to help with
> the documentation that eases the transition to Bazaar from other tools.
> I'm pleased to announce some nice improvements along those lines:
>
> * for Darcs users -
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/migration/en/survival/bzr-for-darcs-users.html
>
> * for Mercurial users -
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/migration/en/survival/bzr-for-hg-users.html

It's great that others are stepping in to help.  I'm wondering if "bzr
help urlspec" is out-of-date though.  In particular, the user's guide
talks about bzr+http://, but it doesn't appear as an option in the
urlspec help.  As a result, the Mercurial guide has a partially
incorrect statement:
  "Unlike Mercurial, however, there is no read/write HTTP protocol built in."

You could use bzr+http://, right?

-John