bzr_access installation and usage

Eugene Wee crystalrecursion at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:44:14 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

Just a few questions concerning contrib/bzr_access:

Concerning installation: on Ubuntu, is it sufficient to just copy over
bzr_access from source to say, /usr/bin and make it executable? I
would then have to login as the given user, and then run the script?

Concerning usage: the script's description says that "this allows you
to set up a single SSH user, and customize the access based on ssh
key". So, suppose I create a single SSH user, bzraccess. Now, I want
to allow read/write access to a shared repository
/home/bzraccess/repo1 to alice and bob, and read/write access to
another shared repository /home/bzraccess/repo2 to charlie and
deborah. However, I want to forbid charlie and deborah from accessing
repo1, and forbid alice and bob from accessing repo2, and all of them
cannot access anything else on the server. Is bzr_access the right
solution for this, and if so, how should it be done? Must alice, bob,
charlie and deborah have user accounts on the server?

Thanks,
Eugene Wee