bzr-svn issue...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Thu Oct 15 15:38:58 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 10:13 AM, John Szakmeister <john at szakmeister.net> wrote:
> While running "bzr qlog" against a svn repo at work, I get the following error:
>    bzr: ERROR: Invalid revision-id
> {svn-v4:xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:trunk:583} in
> SvnRepository('http://usr/to/repo')
>
> bzr log works fine.  Specifying that revision on the command line to
> log works fine too.  Any reason why I'd see that error?  It's
> obviously valid.

 A little more information.  I temporarily changed InvalidRevisionId
to derive from InternalBzrError so that I could get a traceback.  It
appears to be throwing the error on line 938 of svn/repository.py in
the get_revision function.  After a little more digging, it appears
that the revision_id is being passed in as a unicode string, and that
function is checking to be sure that it's just a plain string.  So, it
appears that QBzr is doing the wrong thing here... I'm still trying to
figure out where things went wrong though.

-John