[Merge] lp:~fullermd/bzr/revspec-dwim into lp:bzr

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Thu Oct 15 00:22:44 BST 2009

fullermd wrote:
[...]
> My feeling is that if a user enters something that looks like a revno,
> but isn't, AND matches something else in the chain (a tag being far
> and away the most likely), that's almost certainly what they meant so
> we should follow through with it.  Ian thinks the other way; if it

I agree with Ian.

I don't feel about it very strongly, mainly because I expect it will matter so
rarely.  But also, given that it would happen rarely, the runtime cost (probably
small, but still) of trying all the other DWIM options doesn't seem likely to
outweigh the rare benefit.

But really I'd be happy enough either way, and because this case would happen so
rarely I think we can easily change our minds later without disrupting users.
So my (half-serious) vote is: flip a coin and land it! ;)

-Andrew.