Wish list for the bzr-explorer

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Mon Oct 12 23:35:16 BST 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 00:10:59 Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> I wonder how this message is In-Reply-To:
> <4AD2981F.1000601 at internode.on.net>? Anyway.

Have no idea - just started the email as a reply to some other thread, deletd
the contents, gave the new Subject.  Did not choose any random email, but one
that was addressed to Ian Clatworthy.  I think that that's not a very common
name in Brisbane.

So no mysteries there...

> On 12/10/2009 07:52, Algis Kabaila wrote:
> > 1. I would very much like to see a configuration option, which could be
> > set to display *exactly* the CLI version of the command issued by the
> > explorer in response to GUI use.
>
> Perforce has this in its GUI and I find it is a good idea.

I confess that I often find GUI's are lacking this feature and it tends to
unnecessarily hide what is really happening behind the pretty icons and
buttons.

A simple "rolling" screen of a couple of lines at the location where usually
status bar (or an extra tool bar) resides, a screen with vertical slidebar
would serve the purpose.

Thanks for your comment on the thought of trying to help transparency of the
explorer - it is such a fine tool!

OldAl.