Updated bzr vs hg vs git benchmarking results

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Oct 12 08:08:24 BST 2009

Tom Widmer wrote:

> I might get some Windows results on our Windows SVN repo against hg and
> git some time. Same results on repo size by the way - Bzr and Git are
> almost identical, hg about 30% behind, or 50% in actual disk usage.

After some feedback from John, I've tweaked fast-import to generate
file-ids in a different way. The difference can be pretty dramatic at
times. If you can, benchmark with bzr-fastimport rev 247 or later.

I've updated http://bazaar-vcs.org/Benchmarks with the new results.

> One thing to note though is that hg-fast-export loses move information.

I've copied Greg Ward on this email as he maintains hg-fast-import. He
may know what we need to change in hg-fast-export to fix the problem.

Ian C.