How to use signature checking?

Joke de Buhr joke.de.buhr at seiken.de
Sat Oct 10 09:38:54 BST 2009

Hi,

I'm wondering how signature checking with bazaar works. There isn't much
documentation about this topics in the manual.

  I'm using bzr 2.0 (ubuntu ppa) and so far I've adde the options

  [DEFAULT]
  check_signatures=require
  create_signatures=always

to my bazaar.conf file. Signature creating seems to work fine on every
commit according to the gpg signing message at commit time. But signature
checking doesn't seem to work at all.

  When merging with a branch with doesn't have any signed commits bzr
doesn't emit an error message or something. What bzr commands actually use
the check_signatures option? Or is the signature checking deprecated?

  The documentation of bzr help configuration isn't correct either. It
shows an example configuration with check_signatures=always but always
isn't mentioned as a correct value later on.

Joke de Buhr