Either inconsistency in "bzr add" vs "bzr mv" or repository on Linux became case-insensitive

Yegor Bryukhov ybryukhov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:12:18 BST 2009

> Can you post a sample status (bzr st), the mv command you run and the output,
> so I can better understand your problem.

1. I've just upgraded to Bzr 2.0.0
2. "bzr st ." is empty
3. I run
bzr mv ./sol_=bAABAbaB.groovy sol_bAABAbaB.groovy
bzr mv ./sol_=bAABABaB.groovy sol_bAABABaB.groovy

note, that the only difference is in the end: baB vs BaB
first instruction succeeds, the second complains:

bzr: ERROR: Could not move sol_=bAABABaB.groovy =>
sol_bAABAbaB.groovy: solutions/aaa-bb-abab/5/sol_bAABAbaB.groovy is
already versioned.

Note, that the target name is incorrect in the error message

4. "bzr st ." shows
renamed:
  solutions/aaa-bb-abab/5/sol_=bAABAbaB.groovy =>
solutions/aaa-bb-abab/5/sol_bAABAbaB.groovy

here the target name is correct

--
Best regards,
Yegor