TortoiseBzr and Working Trees

Eugene Wee crystalrecursion at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:42:23 BST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:23 PM, Maarten Bosmans <mkbosmans at gmail.com> wrote:
> The default of initializing a repository with working tree support is
> better for the other type of use of a repository. That is a developer
> having a lot of related branches (with working trees) on his own
> computer.

Not necessarily: you can have a shared repository with branches that
have no trees, but with a lightweight checkout that switches between
these branches. This would be a suitable alternative for "a developer
having a lot of related branches on his own computer".

Personally, I would welcome a change to make branches with no-trees
shared repositories the default both in the GUIs and at the command
line (e.g., by introducing a --trees option instead).

Regards,
Eugene Wee