Nested Trees and History after Splitting

A. S. Budden abudden at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 13:33:40 BST 2009

2009/10/2 A. S. Budden <abudden at gmail.com>:
[snip]
> Is there any way to delete all history that doesn't relate to the
> files that are present in the working directory at the moment?
>
> On a separate note, I've been reading
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/NestedTreesDesign and we are quite keen to use
[snip]
> Also, are the split and join options likely to go into TortoiseBzr?
[snip]

Dear all,

Thank you all for the really useful responses.  I have successfully used:

mkdir ~/create_library
bzr fast-export . | bzr fast-import-filter -i Source/Debug.c -i
Headers/Debug.h - > ~/create_library/debug.fi
cd ~/create_library
bzr fast-import debug.fi Debug

to create the library module (it then got pushed into the central
repository obviously and checked out in the right place).

I will look forward with great anticipation the implementation of
nested trees so that we can automate the checkout of the various
subprojects.  I might have a look at scmproj in the meantime if it
becomes an issue, but I am very keen on getting a long-term
implementation if it is possible.

Thanks again everyone.

Al

--