[RFC] Website refresh for 2.0.0

John Yates jyates at netezza.com
Sun Oct 4 16:22:03 BST 2009

> > Regardless, I don't associate either of "+" or "x" with "Get Going".
>
> Me neither, I wasn't sure what this icon was supposed to represent.
>
> I would think a round circle with a “+” would be less ambiguous and
> tie more closely with the other two overlays.

I have resisted bike-shedding but the temptation has become too great.
I like the overlays in concept but find a frustrating lack of consistency:

1) the 'i' is a serif, italic face, the '+' or 'x' is neither
2) the two circle overlays use a gradient fill, the luggage tag does not
3) the luggage tag and 'i' blues are just different enough to be jarring

My suggestion would be three gradient filled circles:
- green with downward arrow
- blue with '+'
- Ubuntu orange with '?' from same sans-serif, non-italic face as '+'

/john