OS X version of the Explorer Visual Tour now online

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Sat Oct 3 13:06:32 BST 2009

Ringo De Smet wrote:

> If you want to take this visual tour online for multiple OS-es, you
> might have a look at how Amazon Web Services display their
> documentation, showing the code examples for multiple languages.
>
> http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonS3/latest/gsg/
>
> The Visual Tour page with a drop down selector for the different OS's
> could be an easy way of having one page with variants in images and
> sometimes even text like platform specific notes.

Interesting idea. I had a dig through the pages below that link but I
don't think I found the sort of code example you meant. Do you have a
more explicit link? And how does it work technically? (If it downloads
all images for all platforms and uses Javascript to toggle between them
then I'd be concerned about total download size vs one page per platform.)

FWIW, my initial plan is to link to the various tours from
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/explorer/en/documentation.html. The intention
is to make each tour available in HTML and PDF. (Right now, there's a
PDF version linked from the Windows tour sidebar but I'm yet to do that
for the OS X one.)

Ian C.