Bazaar Explorer Visual Tour

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Fri Oct 2 08:12:37 BST 2009

Algis Kabaila wrote:

> Attached are 5 images, 627x450 pixels. The first one is the welcome page before
> any selections:

Thanks for these. It may be best to *not* mail them to the list though
as many of the readers could be reading email over slow links and aren't
going to enjoy receiving huge emails. :-( Just emailing them to me is
fine for now.

Can I also be a pain and request you include the window border for the
rest of the screenshots you send? It isn't a bit deal but the title bar
does include useful title information and a Bazaar icon.

> I have failed to open Repository view. How do I get there?  Will try to read
> up about it. It looks interesting.  I was under a mistaken impression that a
> repository holds one working tree and that had bothered me.

A shared repository can hold any number of branches. If you haven't
already, read chapter 3 of the User Guide:
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/user-guide/index.html.

Inside explorer 0.8.2, if you use the Branch dialog and specify a source
of "lp:bzr" and a target of "~/Projects/bzr" (say), it should suggest
you make the destination a shared repository and help you create it.
After the shared repo is created, the new default destination should
change to be ~/Projects/bzr/trunk.

If that works, use File>Open and open ~/Projects/bzr and you'll see the
repository view.

Ian C.