Failure during remote upgrade

Andrew Bennetts andrew.bennetts at canonical.com
Fri Oct 2 00:16:18 BST 2009

Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> On 01/10/2009 11:12, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
>> I suppose I can get a Windows command line SFTP client
>
> Actually, I found out I already have one: PSFTP from PuTTY!
> But no luck:

[...]
> psftp> cd ~philho
> Directory /~philho: no such file or directory
> psftp> cd +junk
> Directory /+junk: no such file or directory

Try "cd ~philho/+junk/Greasemonkey".  You're interacting with a virtual
filesystem that maps branch directories to locations on disk somewhere...
but partial paths like ~philho don't correspond to any on-disk location, so
can give odd errors that confuse SFTP clients.  But you should be able to
jump straight to a branch directory, IIRC.

-Andrew.