http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrFeatures - improving page

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Thu Oct 1 07:32:24 BST 2009

Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> writes:
| > Also PDFs cannot be accessed on non-windowed
| > environment. We must also remember that the Linux PDF handling is not
| > always that convenient to Windows's counterpart.
|
| What platforms is it a problem on? IMO, PDF is better on Ubuntu than on
| Windows. On Ubuntu, it works straight out of the box.

It's not all Gnome, KDE, XFCE or the other heavy WMs. With small window
managers and with PCs with limited memory, the PDFs are not that
convenient.

PDFs:

- Require many libraries and programs to be installed
- Example: open 10 PDFs and compare how much memory they take

HTML:

- Are lean and just work
- Load fast (open, close -- open, close)
- Positions can be bookmarked, not so with PDFs

Jari