Shared repositories and not having working trees

Russel Winder russel.winder at concertant.com
Fri Sep 4 08:49:46 BST 2009

Jonathan,  Andrew,

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 17:15 +1000, Jonathan Lange wrote:
[ . . . ]

> bzr reconfigure --with-no-trees /path/to/repo

Splendid.  Thanks.

<Files away instruction to use "bzr help reconfigure" more often.>

> > PS  Is there a way of deciding when to use this mail list and when to
> > use Launchpad Answers for this sort of question?
>
> Follow your heart. :P

That probably means palpitations ;-)

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 17:25 +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:
[ . . . ]
> I think what you want is:
>
> $ touch .bzr/repository/no-working-trees

It seems this is the effect of Jonathan's suggestion and so in some
sense entirely equivalent.  However, I think I prefer using a "bzr
reconfigure" command line as it is more robust to change in the future.

> in a given repository. Obviously that's a hack, but I learned it from
> hacker so that makes it ok :)
>
> > PS  Is there a way of deciding when to use this mail list and when
> > use Launchpad Answers for this sort of question?
>
> That's easy: use the mailing list if you'd like replies from the
members
> of the Bazaar community who don't use Launchpad Answers.

Hummm... that makes it Undecidable :-)

Thanks both.  Problem solved.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder