http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrFeatures - improving page

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Wed Sep 30 16:36:57 BST 2009

Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> writes:

> Can you please make sure that all the links you're added reference
> documentation under http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/, not
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/. We should also be referencing the
> official documentation site, not the Documentation page on the Wiki.

Will do.

Observation on formats:

    (1) Separate pages: http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/user-guide/index.html
    (2) One big page  : http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/bzr.dev/en/user-guide/index.html

The (2) is much better in respect to:

    - For reading back and forward with a flip of a scroll
    - skimming, Searching (C-f in broser); it is very easy to locate
      things, .e.g follow a word "shared repository"
    - The page can be saved to browser's offline cache, or copied
      as sinle file (lynx --dump).

    - Pesonal: I like the font used in page better than in page (1).

Would it be possible to provide a link to "one big HTML" in (1)
as well? Or perhaps I couldn't see it.

Thanks,
Jari