new web site deployment

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Sep 30 14:37:20 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 18:57 +0100, Martin Pool wrote:
> We do not yet redirect the home page to this but once we're happy with
> it, we will.  I think, as Ian suggested, we should keep /A still
> pointing to the wiki pages, but make the root page point in to
> /en/index.html, which gives a reasonably short sub-space URL without
> breaking existing URLs, and a way to expand to translations of the
> site under other languages.
>
> I just looked at Ian's work (and others?) in
> <http://bazaar-vcs.org/Download> and it looks great!
>
> Things still to do:
>
>  * remove the accessibility bar
>  * move the index.html into the en subdirectory
>  * change the search box; it currently opens up within the header
> which looks weird
>  * adjust the claim about 'perfect' rename support seems a bit hubristic
I haven't followed the development of the new website closely, but I
like the result! It's a big step forward from the current one I think.

Is the new layout going to be used for other pages than the front page
as well, and does this have consequences for their storage backend
(wiki, bzr branch) ?

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org