[MERGE] Relative font sizing for Bazaar web site

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Wed Sep 30 05:55:50 BST 2009

Ben Finney wrote:
> Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com> writes:
>
>> Ben Finney wrote:
>>> Some of the text styles are sized in “em” now, but there appear to
>>> be duelling style sheets. ‘960/css/text.css’ lists sizes exclusively
>>> in “px”, while ‘css/html-elements.css’ gives text sizes mostly in
>>> “em”.
>> Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I'm sure Emma will take all of
>> it into consideration. A reminder as well: the website is stored in a
>> Bazaar branch on LP (lp:bzr-website). Please feel free to:
>>
>> 1. make the suggested changes yourself
>> 2. test it on your platform & browser
>> 3. push your changes to LP
>> 4. submit a merge proposal.
>
> I don't have an account on Launchpad, but attached is a merge request
> addressing the above issue.

Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately, the result is a step backwards on
my system (FireFox 3.0.14 on jaunty) so I can't merge this as is. Here's
the list of problems:

* the main text is too squashed together
* the text in the carousel is unreadable
* the footer links are too squashed together
* the top line navigation text is too small

I'll let you work to Emma to get these sorted out.

Ian C.