latest draft web site ready for review

Gioele Barabucci gioele at svario.it
Tue Sep 29 09:25:58 BST 2009

Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Emma has updated colours, footer links and a few others things. See

May I suggest a bigger font and a more concise text in the introductory text
blob?

The current site has a very prominent

  What is Bazaar?

  Bazaar is a distributed version control system that enables easy
  collaborative development. One of Bazaar's strengths is its adaptability
  to different work flows. You choose: work centralized, distributed or
  anything in between. For more information, see:

    * Features in a nutshell
    * Why does distributed version control matter?

Big in font size, catches your attention and goes straight to the point. In
contrast, the draft site has a text that, IMO, is too small, does not catch
your attention, is not direct enough and sound a bit like all the business-
centred "we provide solutions" sites.

For example, I think that a sentence like "Bazaar is a distributed version
control system that enables easy collaborative development." is much more
effective than its indirect counterpart "Distributed version control that
just works. Bazaar helps you to improve your workflow and ship better code
faster".

--
Gioele Barabucci <gioele at svario.it>