lock free dirstate - prototype

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Tue Sep 29 08:10:37 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 15:52 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> We have a requirement ... to fix the way we manage

So I don't mean to be obtuse, but perhaps you can just mention to those
of us who are lurking and listening to a discussion of
yet-another-format with gnawing horror why a new format is required?

        [if that is what you are actually talking about? I'm fully aware
        I could be completely misunderstanding what you're talking
        about]

It seems to me that you just went to extraordinary effort to get 2a
stabilized and prospectively usable for a considerable time to come — at
least I thought that was the idea.

Should be telling projects to hold off upgrading to 2a in favour of
upgrading to this new format instead?

> and announce
> development formats

$ bzr init --help

Still has three screenfulls of "help" about formats. Is that what you
mean by "announce"? If so, I'd agree it's somewhat confusing.

AfC
Sydney

--
Andrew Frederick Cowie

Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy
focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems
review, and effective procedures for change management: enabling
successful deployment of mission critical information technology in
enterprises, worldwide.

http://www.operationaldynamics.com/

Sydney   New York   Toronto   London