api_minimum_version not been bumped.

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 16:47:31 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM, John Arbash Meinel
<john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> Deprecation does not cause an api version bump. *Removal* probably
> would. At least, that is how I understood it.
>
> Note that when running released versions of bzr, deprecation warnings
> are suppressed. They are only shown when running rc's and dev versions
> (IIRC). So that developers realize they should update, but users won't
> be bothered.

The change still results in us maintaining 2 code paths. I'm trying to
remove such duplicated code paths from qbzr, and because there was no
api version bump, I have to lump together 1.17, 1.18 and 2.0 together.
This means I have to maintain this particular duplicated code path
(luckily it quite small), as I would have otherwise made my min api
version 1.18.

Again there is nothing we can do now, just giving feedback.