keyword expansion and post_commit hook in 2.0 (was Re: DRAFT 2.0.0 ANNOUNCEMENT)

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Sep 28 01:19:40 BST 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> The point I'm arguing is that under this policy, I see no way for
> anybody who is not closely following bzr development to distinguish
> between 2.1b1 and 2.0.1.

There will be very little difference w.r.t core bzr 2.0.1 vs 2.1b1. That
will change as development momentum switches from 2.0.x to 2.1.x. The
latter will get stuff like (I hope):

* branch-specific rules
* an improved UI model
* nested trees.

So the gap between 2.0.2 and 2.1b2 will be much bigger and 2.0.3 and
2.1b3 will be bigger again.

Beyond the core, we may see larger differences between 2.0.1 and 2.1b1
as well. For example, it would be reasonable for the all-in-one Windows
installer to switch to bundling Python 2.6 in 2.1b1 instead of Python
2.5. It may also bundle a heap of additional plugins like email, loom,
fastimport, pipeline, keywords, etc.

Ian C.