[DRAFT] Bazaar 2.0.0 distribution for Snow Leopard

Jean-Francois Roy bahamut at macstorm.org
Sun Sep 27 03:30:02 BST 2009

Here's my first bake of a binary distribution of Bazaar 2 for Snow
Leopard.

http://www.devklog.net/software/Bazaar2.0.0.pkg

It includes the following packages:

- bzr 2.0.0
- subvertpy 0.6.9
- bzr-email 0.0.1
- bzr-keychain 0.1
- bzr-rewrite 0.5.4
- bzr-svn 1.0
- bzrtools 2.0.1

I consider this distribution a sort of "core" distribution with only
the most useful plug-ins included. If you have additional plug-ins to
add to this list, please feel free to let me know. Notice that the
package is a flat-package (e.g. it is a file) and thus the experience
will be 1. User downloads package from web site 2. Installer launches
to install the software.

There are some missing items in the distribution, and I would
appreciate feedback on them:

- Suitable read-me. The Bazaar read-me doesn't make sense (at least
not in its entirety).
- Description for each of the components.

Do note that I am not including any UI-related plug-ins with this
distribution. I think we need to re-think how we distribute a UI on
Mac OS X, namely that we should package as an application bundle bzr-
explorer (along with bzr and all dependencies). This is what non-
expert Mac OS X users expect and want. This distribution is for
developers and system admins.

I wrote a fairly simple script to build the distribution, coupled with
a PackageMaker document. I can put up a branch of it on Launchpad if
there is interest.

Jean-Francois Roy