bzr-p4 progress

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Sep 26 12:45:44 BST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 21:46 -0400, Matt McClure wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:55 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 20:52 -0400, Matt McClure wrote:
> >> The Perforce client library can fetch an arbitrary revision and answer
> >> questions like "what is the revision before/after revision n?"
> > In that case, what is the fastimport/fastexport stuff going to be used
> > for?
>
> Perhaps reusing it can accelerate implementing the Bazaar commands for
> Perforce paths.  If not, p4-fast-export is still useful on its own.

I'm not really familiar with Perforce. Perhaps a good start for a
foreign branch Perforce plugin would be if we could come up with a
specification of how the bzr and perforce concepts are mapped to each
other. bzr-svn has some (slightly outdated) examples of this in its
specs/ directory.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org