DRAFT 2.0.0 ANNOUNCEMENT (was Re: bzr 2.0.0 final code frozen!)

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Sat Sep 26 07:09:50 BST 2009

2009/9/26 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>:
> John Arbash Meinel writes:
>
>  > This landed as revno 4660 on the 2.0 series branch, which I don't
>  > believe is in the 2.0 release, but should be in the 2.0.1 release.
>
> You *are* kidding, right?  What is the point of having a three-place
> version if features like keyword expansion can be added between micro
> versions?

It's not the feature of keyword expansion that's landing (aiui), it's
a bug fix that make it work better.

Keeping features out of the 2.0 branch is not a goal in itself.  The
point is to be reasonably conservative with the size of the changes,
to avoid changes in default behaviour or interoperability, and to
evaluate things through the eyes of a user who really dislikes
surprises or disruptions.  This is going to evolve as we learn more
about what kind of change really does or doesn't work there.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>