bzr-p4 progress

Matt McClure mlm at aya.yale.edu
Sat Sep 26 00:48:10 BST 2009

Jelmer,

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
> What I mean is, does it allow you to fetch the contents of an arbitrary
> revision or inspect the revision graph?

I must not understand the full implications of your question because
it seems the answer is (too) obviously yes.

On the Perforce side, I can wrap p4 commands to get information about
arbitrary revisions.  The revision "graph" is always linear, for a
first approximation.  As far as I'm aware, there is no widely accepted
convention for repository layouts of branches in Perforce, whereas
there is such a convention in Subversion.  So tracking more than one
Perforce branch isn't one of my highest priorities.

Once the revisions have been migrated via
p4-fast-export/bzr-fast-import, they live in a Bazaar branch that can
be inspected like any other.  By saving marks files, the mapping
between Perforce changelist numbers and Bazaar revision IDs is
preserved.

Does that answer your question?  Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt