DRAFT 2.0.0 ANNOUNCEMENT (was Re: bzr 2.0.0 final code frozen!)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Sep 25 19:46:49 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:33:52PM -0500 I heard the voice of
John Arbash Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:

> Sure, though the test you did used '\bzr' that claimed a version of
> 2.0.0 which AFAIK *doesn't* contain the post-commit hook.

I tested both.

> I also don't think Ian got the time to update his keywords plugin to
> use the post-commit hook yet. He's been pretty busy with all of the
> release documentation, etc.

Hm.  That could be, though I thought I tested a branch Ian had, and it
worked...  In any event, since it's not [yet] working, the wording
could probably stand some tweaking to not mislead.

Hm.  <https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/385879/comments/2> was my
comment, so it was 'pull' that (relative to prior) started working,
not commit.  There are two linked branched, and I'm not sure which I
tried.  I think there was only one at the time...   yes, the
eol-update-bug one, which isn't merged yet.

(by the way, tracking that down required me to go back in my bug
mailbox to track the history of when branches were linked to the bug.
Didn't LP previously have a link to the bug history?  I can't find
it...)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net