[rfc] developer documentation on user interaction

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Sep 25 17:04:03 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 04:42:25PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Vincent Ladeuil, and lo! it spake thus:

> Roughly, qsubprocess spawn bzr and then do a lot of things around
> that process barrier.
>
> What I'm suggesting is that you can still spawn a subprocess,
> replacing the bzr script (or bzr.exe) with a qbzr script that knows
> it is talking to qbzr.

That doesn't seem like it would help him at all.  The bzr script just
wraps some setup around

    exit_val = bzrlib.commands.main()

To actually get different output would mean he'd have to rewrite all
the cmd_*'s, which is what he was wanting to avoid in the first place
(and if doing that, there's no point in the extra wrapper script
anyway).

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net