[rfc] developer documentation on user interaction

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Sep 25 10:18:57 BST 2009

Robert Collins пишет:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 10:24 +0200, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
>> I really think qbzr should provide its own wrapper around bzrlib
>> so that it can use 1) all the features available in bzrlib even
>> when not accessible from the command-line 2) a more adequate
>> UIFactory there.
>>
>> Can you guys comment on that idea[1] ?
>
> bzr-xmlrpc?

I don't know what you mean but to make GUI responsive the remote call
should be able to send results in small chunks. E.g. for log we need to
get info about first visible revisions as faster as possible and then we
can read more data later. Ditto for diff, annotate and other "browsing"
features as Gary called them.

For dialogs currently implemented as qsubprcess we also need to get
progress bar ticks, info messages, network traffic, status messages
updated in real time.