bzr 2.0.0 final code frozen!

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Fri Sep 25 01:36:59 BST 2009

2009/9/24 Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net>:
> Martin Pool пишет:
>>
>> I intend to send the actual announcement on the morning (utc+10) of
>> Friday this week (the 25th).
>
> Martin, please write big and detailed announcement with new features
> highlights (don't forget to say something about new 2a format), so I (and
> many others I hope) can quote you in our blogs and translate your words to
> other languages.

Good idea.  Here's what we have in the NEWS file (apparently unmerged
by pqm) at the moment, but I think a longer post would be good.

----
bzr 2.0.0
#########

:2.0.0: 2009-09-22
:Codename: Instant Karma

This release of Bazaar makes the 2a (previously 'brisbane-core') format
the default when new branches or repositories are created.  This format is
substantially smaller and faster for many operations.  Most of the work in
this release focuses on bug fixes and stabilization, covering both 2a and
previous formats.  (See the Upgrade Guide for information on migrating
existing projects.)

This release also improves the documentation content and presentation,
including adding Windows HtmlHelp manuals.

The Bazaar team decided that 2.0 will be a long-term supported release,
with bugfix-only 2.0.x releases based on it, continuing for at least six
months or until the following stable release.
---

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>