Bazaar Explorer and removal

Philippe Lhoste PhiLho at GMX.net
Thu Sep 24 15:15:55 BST 2009

On 24/09/2009 08:25, Russel Winder wrote:
> Agreed.  The point here is that Bazaar Explorer copes fine with people
> using delete (e.g. rm) from a command line or from a file manager, and
> that is good, but there is also the "bzr rm . . . " command and this
> needs to be reflected in Bazaar Explorer since it is actually a
> different concept of remove from the file manager one.

I recall seeing that such operations were deliberately excluded from the scope of
Explorer, at least in a first time. Perhaps it is a good time to introduce them?

Not only rm, but also mv: these are precisely the kind of operations not necessarily
easy/nice to do on the command line, even with auto-completion on, particularly rm on lot
of files in various folders or mv to a different directory.

I know I can fall back on Windows Explorer and do these operations there, but somehow I
feel uneasy to rely on Bazaar smartness to detect these changes automatically... :-)
(particularly for "rename and change file" operations).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France