Updated Plugins Guide - questions and RFT

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Thu Sep 24 02:36:03 BST 2009

Robert Collins wrote:
> Are the categories pulled from the plugins themselves?
>
> If not, lets define a way that plugin-info can extract the category; and
> use the categorisation you've done as a 'if-not-specified' default.

They are currently subheadings in a document:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ian-clatworthy/%2Bjunk/bzr-plugins-guide/annotate/head%3A/en/index.txt.

It would certainly be nice to make that a formal project and generate
that document from a data-file. That won't all happen this week though.

FWIW, my immediate focus is:

* doing the minimum needed for a useful document in time for the 2.0.0
  announcement.

* (indirectly) prodding plugin maintainers to take a look at their
  plugins and polish them up a little (e.g. upgrade some of them
  to non-deprecated formats!).

Right now, I can only spare a few more hours on this. Some other 2.0.0
tasks are calling (website check, fast-import fixes, etc.).

Ian C.