ppa smoketests

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Sep 22 07:58:26 BST 2009

I started writing a script in https://edge.launchpad.net/ppa-smoketest
that will help us check whether everything packaged in the PPA is
self-consistent and working.

I think eventually we should run this either automatically or manually
from time to time.  Having a person in the loop may be good because it
only helps if we followup on any issues raised.  It's still early
days.

At the moment, it's telling us bzr-svn is not installable in the
stable PPA (which we already know):

  bzr-svn: Depends: bzr (< 1.18~) but 1.18-1~bazaar1~karmic1 is to be installed
           Depends: python-subvertpy (> 0.6.1) but it is not installable
           Recommends: python-tdb (>= 1.1.2~git20081222) but it is not
installable
E: Broken packages

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>