Is Bazaar's document distributed under GPL?

Michael Homer michael at e.geek.nz
Mon Sep 21 09:14:58 BST 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 20:07:22 INADA Naoki wrote:
> > I was arguing in favour of CC-BY-SA over GPL, not GFDL over GPL.
>
> One benefit of GFDL over GPL is that GFDL 1.3 allows copying to CC-BY-SA.
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3-faq.html
>
> If Bazaar's doc is released under GFDL, people can copy document into
> Wiki under CC-BY-SA like ubuntu wiki.
This is not true. There was a time-limited permission to relicence
wiki content only. It expired last month and didn't apply here anyway
(it was added specifically to allow Wikipedia to change to CC-BY-SA
and very closely tailored to that situation). See that very FAQ you
linked in fact.

The FDL really seems like a dead licence at this point.
-Michael