Is Bazaar's document distributed under GPL?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at canonical.com
Mon Sep 21 05:26:36 BST 2009

Robert Collins wrote:

> I think the GPL is fine for documentation, as already mentioned its
> _more_ liberal for translators than GFDL. I'm not aware of any uses
> (including the printing of dead tree books) that the GPL would prohibit.

My main concern is ensuring we don't unnecessarily restrict authors from
creating training materials. Someone working at company X should be able
to produce slides and tutorials with examples from the Bazaar docs,
without worrying about whether inclusion of those examples makes those
documents implicitly GPL.

Ian C.