[rfc] how to route packaging-specific bugs?

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Fri Sep 18 06:23:32 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 12:18:59PM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> [Just realised that I dropped the list in my original reply, sorry]
>
> On Thu Sep 17 02:53:46 +0100 2009 Martin Pool wrote:
> > I would like that a lot.  I'm not sure how to get there from here, but
> > if you tell us what to do I don't think anyone would object.
>
> For instance the bzr packaging branches on Launchpad were forked from the
> Debian branches a long time ago. There is nothing in the PPA docs about merging
> from the Debian branches, or about proposing changes back.
>
> There's a slight wrinkle in that there are branches for older releases, but
> we are using a DVCS, there should be no issues with maintaining tweaks for
> older releases in their respective branches.

So as soon as I officially become a DD again, which hopefully should be
this weekend, I'm going to start helping out with the debian packages.

Which means I'll probably start changing the ways the PPA packages are
built. I want to move away from having all the different branches for
each release and start using something like autoppa to do it instead.

At that stage I'll probably start branching directly off debian or
similar.

Cheers,

Blog                        http://www.inodes.org/blog
OLPC Friends                     http://olpcfriends.org