Slow tests

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Sep 17 05:50:09 BST 2009

2009/9/17 Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>:
> I sent the mail as an experiment. If its possibly useful, I can put that
> in cron easily. Otherwise, we should look at a website or something that
> can report on it regularly.
>
> I'm inclined to think that regular (even if manually triggered) reports
> are more useful than a website that we can all forget to look at.

I think so too, and I think the thing is to establish a rhythm of
fixing at least some of them.

That mail is not very readable at first, at least on my laptop's screen.

I presume those are the total runtimes in seconds?  Why not sort by
time, put the time first, and truncate it to %.3f? Oh, apparently it
is sorted by time, but with the least-important first. ;-)

time grep "assert " bzrlib/**/*py takes 100ms on my laptop so there
seems considerable room for improvement from 30000ms.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>