bzr wouldn't update checkout

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Mon Sep 14 22:32:20 BST 2009

> Your local checkout is not in fact a checkout of the remote branch.  A
> checkout clearly says the words "checkout" in the info.
> You need to
> bind your local branch to the parent branch::
>
> bzr bind http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mdipierro/web2py/devel/

> or use ``bzr pull`` to update your local, unbound branch.
Thanks for the pointer. I am sure that this is in the docs.
But yes, I cannot alway know which project is using which style of
branch connection!

> distinct operations. (I know it sometimes trips me up.)
What about adding a message like:
"Updateing local branch only. If you want to get remote changes use bzr
pull or bind to remote branch"

Best regards and thanks for the quick reply,
Timmie