Release readiness communication [was Re: bzr 2.1 timeline]

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Thu Sep 10 12:46:40 BST 2009

On Thu Sep 10 12:30:11 +0100 2009 Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Do bugs in LP support sub-tasks now? (Sorry for my ignorance). If so,
> that's certainly an option.

I was meaning a single bug with tasks on bzr and each of the plugins
that is likely to be version dependent.

    bzr               Fix Committed           ...
    bzr-svn           In Progress             ...

but given the information that you would like to capture:

> * plugin name
> * version to ship
> * released (Y/N)
> * in PPA (Y/N)

a bug isn't going to cut it, and has other drawbacks, so I think a wiki
page is the better idea.

> Anyhow, we certainly need some way of tracking it. If possible, I'd like
> one place where plugin maintainers, platform packagers and the release
> manager can communicate release readiness information with each other.

+1

Thanks,

James