RFC: Home page design

Emma Jane Hogbin emma at hicktech.com
Wed Sep 9 13:38:43 BST 2009

Hello,

Thank you once again for your feedback on the Bazaar Web site to date.
The latest round of suggestions have been incorporated and there is
now an HTML mockup of the site ready for review. This design
incorporates many new elements:

1. utility navigation from previous designs combined into a single bar.
2. extended navigation added to the "carousel" design.
3. clear, unique buttons for "action" areas of the site.
4. more yellow.
5. revised "action" panes in the (now yellow) area of the site.
6. nicer screenshot in the carousel area (thanks Gary!)

960 width navigation: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmajane/3903764440/
Full width navigation: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmajane/3902988367/

Things that are not yet completed (i.e. don't bother providing
feedback on this yet):
1. carousel navigation
2. search "prettification"

For this round of feedback could you please address the following points:
1. Do you prefer the extended navigation (bottom of the page) in "960
width" or "full width" design?
2. The yellow "action" panes are based on the initial wireframes. They
are: Download, Extend, Get Help. Are they the right "actions" for the
front page of the site?
3. The new icons are based on the logo. Staying with the road
sign/construction theme, are there images you would prefer to see for
each of the action buttons?
4. Additional constructive comments?

If you would like to check out the HTML/CSS you can do so at:
lp:~emmajane/+junk/dancingmonkeys

Thanks and I look forward to your feedback!

regards,
emma
PS I've CC-d those who responded to previous version of the design
from the Canonical design list as well. If it makes sense to do so,
please forward this message to others who may be interested.