metronome mail for Bazaar 2.0 and 1.18

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Wed Sep 9 09:36:05 BST 2009

2009/9/9 Martin Pool <mbp at canonical.com>:

> I'm happy to say spiv has now finished off and landed this patch, so
> we should be at source freeze for 2.0.  There are no more 2.0-targeted
> bugs.
>
> The merges target to the 2.0 branch are here:
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bzr-pqm/bzr/2.0/+merges
>
> There are some small non-blocking approved patches there we could land.
>
> The only major open issue is Ian's patch to use sphinx for generation,
> <https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ian-clatworthy/bzr/doc-site-per-language/+merge/11410>.
>  This gives much better looking html and pdf, and lets us generate CHM
> files on Windows, but it adds a hard dependency on Sphinx.  I'm very
> skeptical that it's appropriate to be changing dependencies at this
> stage.

I've spoken about this with Ian, and he's going to update this patch
tonight so that Sphinx is only a soft dependency, and then to land it
or pass it to me.  It is a big improvement to the appearance of the
docs and the branch includes doc content corrections.

Aside from that, the 2.0 source should be considered frozen, and I'll
make a 2.0rc2 tomorrow after this change lands.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>