MacPorts bzr 1.17 + fastimport plugin: "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized"

Ringo De Smet ringo.desmet at
Tue Sep 8 07:41:09 BST 2009

2009/9/8 Martin Pool <mbp at>:
> Probably there is some directory which is on the pythonpath for both -
> if nothing else, it could be the directory that bzr is running from.
> I don't see in your message which file is causing this, but running
> 'python -v bzr ...' will probably tell you.

Looking at the output, I only see python2.5 paths and libraries
referenced. The output of the above command is attached. Do you have
any idea?

Additional info:

$ file /opt/local/lib/svn-python2.5/libsvn/
/opt/local/lib/svn-python2.5/libsvn/ Mach-O 64-bit bundle x86_64