bzr-explorer - ubuntu desktop

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Sep 4 14:22:07 BST 2009

Algis Kabaila пишет:
> On Friday 04 September 2009 19:56:09 Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Algis Kabaila пишет:
>>> Sorry, but I don't understand where exactly are the other 25-20 (q*)
>>> commands. What is a q* command, anyway?
>> Run this:
>>
>> bzr help commands | grep qbzr
>>
>> You'll see the list of all commands provided by QBzr plugin.
>> Most of these commands has prefix with "q" letter. That's why we call
>> them q-commands (qbzr commands).
>
> Q1: Ok, so I see the list of commands:
> merge, qannotate, qbranch, qbrowse, qcat, qcommit, qconfig, qlog,
> qpull, qpush.

That's right. Actually "merge" is builtin bzr command, but qbzr in the
past overrode it to provide additional feature (--qpreview).

> I would like to try a "harmless" command, say "qlog". So what is the command
> line in the CLI for one of those commands or are all the commands available in
> a GUI of a later version of qbzr, later than (0.9.4) that comes as an ubuntu
> 9.04 package ?

All those commands are regular bzr commands and you should invoke them
as regualr bzr commands:

"bzr qlog", "bzr qdiff", "bzr qcommit"

> Q2: "пишет" is present tense, = "writes" . Why is it not the past tense, i.e.
> "wrote"?  Don't answer Q2 if it annoys you  :)

Ha ha ha ha. This is funny.
I never can imagine somebody who don't understand Russian will be so
pedantic to translate it and ask.

Actually this is default behavior of my mail client (Mozilla
Thunderbird, Russian build) and I never trying figure out how to change it.

But I can explain the reason for using present time.

Actually Russian language is more flexible in this case and no one
native Russian will complain. But in the same time Russian language has
different ending of the same base verb for masculine and feminine (and
even for neuter), so you can't translate "wrote" correctly until you
know for sure "who" exactly wrote what is written :-) So in Russian you
need to use "написал" or "написала" or "написало". Some applications
created by average programmers use something like this: "написал(а)" but
this is ugly, is not?

Fortunately "writes" in present time has the same form for masculine and
feminine, so this is safe choice.

> Thanks, Alexander.  What a shame I have not installed Cyrillic script... I
> could make even more spelling and grammar mistakes with it than I manage to do
> in the English version  :)

Well, I understand that I do many spelling/grammar errors in English,
and I'm sorry for this. Not sure what is your point in the sentence above.