bzr-svn and subversion revisions

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Sep 2 11:07:28 BST 2009

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij пишет:
>> Russel Winder wrote:
>>> For working locally, local Bazaar revision numbers are fine.
>>> However when discussing things with the poor sods who have yet
>>> to discover the brilliance of using Bazaar as a Subversion
>>> client :-)  they need Subversion revision numbers.
>>>
>>> When bzr-svn does a merge/pull from the Subversion repository,
>>> it reports the Subversion revision number as well as the Bazaar
>>> revision number.  But is this number stored?  Yes it is and can
>>> be viewed in the log.  However, viz and qlog don't seem to
>>> offer a way of seeing this number.  I guess Bazaar Explorer
>>> doesn't either.
>>>
>>> Is there a sane way of having viz, qlog and Bazaar Explorer
>>> offer the Subversion revision number as well as the Bazaar
>>> revision number or is command line and log the only
>>> possibility?
>
>> It is technically possible (and not very hard). We have
>> functionality in log that allows plugins to extend the key/value
>> pairs that are displayed for a revision. qbzr/bzr-gtk/bazaar
>> explorer could display these extra key/value pairs and would
>> automatically gain the ability to display svn, git and hg
>> revision numbers/shas/etc.
>
> Jelmer, will be nice if this information will be documented and
> easily discoverable by those poor souls who don't use bzr-svn but
> hacking on qbzr.
See bzrlib.foreign for some of the interfaces that are provided by the
foreign branch plugins (bzr-git, bzr-svn and bzr-hg at the moment).
I'm happy to extend the documentation there if it's unclear.

In this particular case you should be able to "steal" most of the
required functionality from
bzrlib.log.LogFormatter.show_foreign_info(). Please ask if there's
anything I can clarify.

Cheers,

Jelmer