[ANN] QBzr-Eclipse 0.7 released

Nicholas Allen nick.allen at onlinehome.de
Wed Sep 2 10:07:45 BST 2009

> thanks a lot. I just tested it.
> I had tried bzr-eclipse before and it was not pleased
> as it was constantly checking the status.
> Thus it was forcing some background refreshing of
> bzr-eclipse all the time leading to a reduced system
> response and high disk usage.
>
> I hope this is not the case with the QBzr-Eclipse.
> I have no problem ignoring the GUI "inconsistancy".
> As long at it works well.

This should not happen with QBzr-Eclipse (as that feature is not
implemented).

>> New Features
>> ************
>>
>> * Context menu for Bazaar commands.
>>   (Craig Hewetson)
>>
> from what I tried I have the following suggestions:
>
> 1) the context menu should offer the menu items
> based on the specific project and its repository:
>
> Examples:
> a)
> if my Eclipse projetct already contains a .bzr
> directory and thus is already versioned, I would not
> need the "Start -> Initialise" item.

Good idea. I'm not sure how do do this in the Eclipse framework as the
menu structure is defined in an XML file and not in code. There must be
a way it will just take a bit of time to research it and I am still new
to the Eclipse framework.
> b)
> if the direcory is a checkout of a remote branch
> (SVN style workflow) I would not need the
> "collaborate > pull new revisons command".
>
> 2) file specific operations
> if I select a specific file I would rather have
> "Work -> revert selected file" instead of
> "revert working tree".

Yes good point - the same should be true for diff command.
> A question:
> Are Eclipse included diff/merge tools supported?

No this is not supported at the moment ;-( I always found external diff
tools better than Eclipse's inbuilt ones so don't have a lot of personal
motivation to add this. Ian Clatworthy is interested in merging
bzr-eclipse and qbzr-eclipse into one project so I guess it would get it
at that point but I have no idea what sort of time frame that would be.