[ANN] QBzr-Eclipse 0.7 released

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Sep 2 09:41:52 BST 2009

> I'm pleased to announce a new release of
>QBzr-Eclipse.
thanks a lot. I just tested it.
I had tried bzr-eclipse before and it was not pleased
as it was constantly checking the status.
Thus it was forcing some background refreshing of
bzr-eclipse all the time leading to a reduced system
response and high disk usage.

I hope this is not the case with the QBzr-Eclipse.
I have no problem ignoring the GUI "inconsistancy".
As long at it works well.

> New Features
> ************
>
> * Context menu for Bazaar commands.
>   (Craig Hewetson)
from what I tried I have the following suggestions:

1) the context menu should offer the menu items
based on the specific project and its repository:

Examples:
a)
if my Eclipse projetct already contains a .bzr
directory and thus is already versioned, I would not
need the "Start -> Initialise" item.

b)
if the direcory is a checkout of a remote branch
(SVN style workflow) I would not need the
"collaborate > pull new revisons command".

2) file specific operations
if I select a specific file I would rather have
"Work -> revert selected file" instead of
"revert working tree".

A question:
Are Eclipse included diff/merge tools supported?

Apart from this, I really enjoy this and thank for your efforts.

Generally, I think bzr is on a very good way
concerning gui tools. Although commandline is
sometimes faster, GUI tools are very convenient for
better inspection of what happens.
Especially with large direcories.
I like to see this evolution of tools that make
it easier to use. No more arguments against BZR
from the side of tool support!!!

Best,
Timmie